The Wisconsin Cancer Council and its' Awards Committee, would like to congratulate the Wisconsin Clearinghouse for Prevention Resources being nominated and chosen for a Cancer Control Champion Award for your steadfast work in advocating for and ensuring that the State of Wisconsin and local communities are well positioned to make policy, systems, and environmental changes in nutrition, physical activity and obesity prevention, and tobacco control.
The award will be presented on Thursday, October 20 at the Wisconsin Cancer Council Meeting from 1:00pm to 4:30pm at the Marriott Madison West Hotel, Middleton. The presentation will take place at approximately 4:15pm, followed by a "gala" networking reception for WCC members, guests, and award recipients.
I know this is the same day as our Learn and Practice. Either I or Tom (or both) will be there. Let me know if you have an interest in attending/networking at the Gala so I can let Nancy know who to expect from WCH.
Congrats to all of you for making this recognition possible!
Thanks! Carrie
@Carrie - Do you know what the rationale is for this award? I'm thinking of the accomplishments we've shared with them this past year... Prevention Conference? Our ARRA work with Kathy and Emily? Our CDPAG work with Nancy et al? CTG? Other?
ReplyDeleteNo...only what Nancy shared in her email. First I had heard of our nomination. Not sure how many champion awards are given out or what the criteria is, but I hope to learn more prior to Thursday!
ReplyDeleteWe also helped with the materials for their Legislative Briefing Day - and photos, so that is another connection
ReplyDelete