Monday, October 17, 2011

Kits Out and About

I am so impressed and excited by the fact that WCH has some outstanding partners.  The support that has been shown by our friends throughout Wisconsin has been overwhelming; they have responded to our video and requested 48 kits so far!  Beyond that, our reach is expanding further than I imagined it would.  Below is a map of where kits have been sent:


As you can see, we have a wide dispersal throughout the state, but we still need to translate that  to 5,000 supporters on the website.  Here is my to do list:
  1. Reach more sites along I-94 towards Eau Claire and east down by Janesville.
  2. After kit holders have some time to familiarize themselves with the kit, I will be e-mailing them to check their progress and suggest some locations/events that would be great for canvassing.
  3. Encourage, encourage, encourage!  I want to keep excitement for the project high to keep kit holders motivated. 
    • Garner wisdom from all of you!  If you were a volunteer, how would you want to be encouraged?  What would motivate you?
After 6 days of "going live," we have 127 supporters signed up on makefarm2schoolhappen.org.  A long way to go, but it's a great start!   

1 comment:

  1. The map is a great data visualization (geographic distribution speaks WAY louder than the 48 statistic)!

    As a volunteer, I ignore emails but respond to personal phone calls - especially if there is a friendly voice who is making is super easy for me to do something (I feel like how can I say no)... also helps when they're willing to answer any questions I have or talk me through things...

    Looking forward to your learning about what moves these coalition leaders from kits to action!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.