Wednesday, October 26, 2011

CTG Kick Off: Story Booth



****Disclaimer: This video contains "extreme public health excitement".****

CDC has been conducting a "story booth" of sorts here at the CTG kick-off. Their prompts are to introduce yourself, share what CTG means to your community, and what you see in 5 years. Unfortunately, they don't seem to be capturing any stories.

They were, however, able to edit the video on-site at the conference and are showing them in a loop in the ballroom during group work periods. Since our production workflow includes significantly more lag time, I'm am going to try to find who is coordinating it to ask them about how they achieved this quick turn-around.



Anna made a point to pull me aside to tell me that people are finally coming around to realize what the Clearinghouse has been doing, and its value. I wonder if this video capacity has anything to do with our modeling at the CPPW training, or if/how we can identify this as a success with a key audience? Any ideas?

6 comments:

  1. I'll be interested in the quick turn around..though may be very little editing?
    thanks for sharing comment from Anna...I think we still have some modeling work ahead of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you asking if their use of video there is because of our modeling? And if so, as they're not capturing stories, do we claim a success with a key audience, meaning the CDC?

    Or am I missing your point entirely?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Shirley Yes, sorry for the lack of clarity. I was politely asking if you think they copied us (in a good way!) and we can claim that as a success in increasing the storytelling competencies of the CDC.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, now I have to really answer it...I think yes, it is a success. But it shows how easy it is to drift away from the kernel of personal connection that makes it so effective.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You weren't kidding about the extreme public health excitement. Whoa.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.