Thursday, August 25, 2011

Spot the Frames!

There's another interesting attempt at public health framing in the Appleton Post Crescent today... seems like they may have attended the Clearinghouse's messaging training!

Editorial: Passing on Health Grants Worrisome

I see at lease two Framework value frames and two RWJF tips at work... can you identify which?

***Also, the Post Crescent posted our LTE:
"Cut Healthcare Costs With Prevention"... great work Sarah!***

4 comments:

  1. Whoa, double hit in Appleton! Nice. (@Sarah, did you coach Jen on her LTE?)

    Frameworks values - responsibility & stewardship.
    RWJ - Incorporate the role of personal responsibility, using colloquial language, Identifying the problem while offering potential solutions, and mixing traditionally conservative and progressive values.

    I feel like I've just spotted the wagon wheel in the a picture at the end of Highlights for Children. Conjured up troubling memories of the dentist's office.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Sara, yes that is the second LTE that I've edited for Jen - both have been published and she had never written one before! (LOVED Highlights!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So Sarah...did Jen have the values in ...or did you help with frames when as part of editing?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Julie She has been including values on her own - for both instances she has given a really good base but is just too long. I've been shortening - which means cutting out a number of facts along the way and other stray ideas, mostly just focusing her thoughts a bit more.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.