Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Deep Thoughts : )

Some favorite blog posts recently ...

Do Less Accomplish More -

"I think that all of us have to do the work of claiming our authentic lives, and that means leaving the herd," says Mohr. "

What is actually fulfilling for you won’t look exactly like the lives of your family members or your friends or your coworkers. Even though this can feel like departing from the fold, when we step into our authentic lives it actually allows us a deeper level of connection and community with the people in our lives because they’re really experiencing us, the real us."

Should You Respond To Every Email
No! ?
Sending one email to 5 people could produce 5 emails back. Overwhelmed by all the emails I would get, I decided to stop sending as many. Now, when I have something to ask or tell someone, I pick up the phone and call them. Not only has it significantly reduced the number of emails I get, but it actually saves me time also.

Why Risk is Worth It
To improve at anything, we must at some point push ourselves outside our comfort zone.
And when we come out the other side, we often can't help but wonder why we were so timid in the first place.
Ultimately, it’s the ones who barrel through the discomfort, are resilient in the face of failure, and master the last 30% of taking risk who reach the highest levels of performance.

1 comment:

  1. It has helped me to think about ..if I am uncomfortable maybe that means I am "outside my comfort zone" and that is good...it means I am trying something risky. WPT filming ended up being outside my comfort zone :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.