Monday, August 22, 2011
Licensing Clearinghouse Content
As the Clearinghouse we don't have a policy about licensing the video and presentation content we currently create and post online.
I've added the topic for discussion for the next staff meeting but thought I'd post here so people could start thinking about their opinions. I tend to lean toward a Creative Commons license that we would post on the last presentation slide or on our websites. There are a few options if we go this way so take a look at the link to check out which you think might be most appropriate for us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I think this is a great idea. One thing we might need to consider is the university. In the past, products we created to sell actually had a formal copyright held by the UW System/Board of Regents/Something like that. I don't really think this would apply to products we aren't selling, but we might need to get some legal advice on this as part of the university. I'm just not sure who would know or who to ask.
ReplyDelete-- Nancy
In the School of Nursing RWJF grant I worked on we were able to use Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License. On the website we actually marked the footer with a copyright and then said see terms of use in which we then listed a bunch of legal stuff - http://www.projecthealthdesign.org/termsofuse
ReplyDeleteIn the LaCrosse launch I believe we waived all rights and attribution for community use, yes? What's the value of a CC?
ReplyDeleteSarah thanks for initiating this conversation...I know you shared with me the value of cc...but i've already forgotten :( Could you share again?
ReplyDelete