Monday, August 15, 2011

Is a bookless library still a library?

Saw this article last month in Time Magazine and have thought about it a number of times since then.

We have talked about the library going through a transition in the past and this shows that even with less books it can still be a "library."

"We don't just house books, we house learning."


4 comments:

  1. What does it look like to house learning?

    ReplyDelete
  2. replace clutter with space for collaboration and creativity, use computers for reference material.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that quote..."we house learning"

    I think the 99% blog houses learning...
    I think whenever I go somewhere (online) and quickly get the information I needed, wherever that site is, they do a good job of housing learning. I think stories house learning....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Housing learning makes it not only easy to find what I'm looking for, but shows me some related inquiries I did not think of myself. And not just links that spring me off to another site, or being distracted on a dictionary page by other interesting words, but a coherent proposal.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.