Monday, December 12, 2011

Pics & Tips

Quick!  I'm going with Steve B. to Beloit today to shoot some video for an active schools story.  He said I can get some practice taking still shots.  As I have confessed before, I don't even own a camera.  My family only lets me take pictures when the stakes are low ("Can someone do a test shot to see if the batteries are fully charged?") or they want an abstract (read: blurry) point of view.




Exhibit A. A photo I took that makes my little brother's face look weird and is entirely out of focus.  Note the quality background of a concrete wall and breaker box.


Does anyone have some quick and dirty tips for shooting quality pics?  

1 comment:

  1. My biggest tip (after foucusing on the nose) is to take LOTS of picks, even rapid fire when something important is happening. The more you have, the better chance you'll find a couple awesome ones.

    Excited you're starting on your path toward media creation! I want a shoutout in the credits of your first sitcom. :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.