Friday, December 2, 2011

I Told a Short Story!

Emily Dieringer from re:TH!NK, a partner of the Tobacco Prevention and Control Program, is compiling a video to recognize their supporters. She asked me to say a little something about how I supported their effort to help Wisconsinites be physically active. Here's what I came up with:


And now, a story about the story... The video is due in a matter of hours. My debilitating perfectionism has left my iPhone filled with 50 bad takes. My battery is at only 14%, and the clouds are rolling in. I feel a tiny drop of rain on my cheek. I take a deep breath, and in the intense pressure I not only squeeze out a decent take, but I think of a three-layer pun for the final scene! A three-layer pun is the linguistic equivalent to a full double rainbow all the way across the sky. WOOOO!

4 comments:

  1. Gee Chris, I was hoping you'd pan down and show yourself on a bicycle while filming! :-) WOOOOO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. DOOOOOUUUUUBBBLLLLLLEEEE PUN RAIIIIIINNNNNBBOOOOWWWW!

    Cool success story. Great example of how tech can be seamlessly built into coalition building. And how to talk tech without jargon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!!! I almost have the feeling that you're walking along Lake Winnebago versus someplace in Australia!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.