
You probably see my crazy doodles on white boards, so I wanted to share a visual storytelling inspiration for today. He's a designer named Genis Carreras whose new "Philographics" attempt to reduce complicated philosophical constructs into minimalist graphics.
For all the analysts out there, the picture doesn't "explain" the intricacies of the theory, instead it is focused on conveying some deep themes and emotions that find the idea's core meaning without a single word. Graphics are great simplifying models and starting points for collaborative conversations.
At work, I use visualization to conceptualize and simplify ideas (sometimes all over the white boards!). As a visioner and trainer, I think being able to represent my ideas as simply as possible helps both the development of the ideas and my communications about them. Not saying I do it enough (CTG needs one, right?) but I find it a helpful technique.
Take 3 minutes now. Right now.
Try to explain a current project or idea without any words.
Post it here.
For example, below are the 3 steps of my "Strategic Storytelling for Policy" training without any words. Green is community and blue is the policymaker.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeletei tried - didn't work to post an image in the comments - hmmm
ReplyDeleteHm, just do a new post then!
ReplyDelete