Thursday, April 28, 2011

Digital Story session at DOD/USDA conference

I'm at a session on digital storytelling ( even though I should be driving home). I was just asked to share my story of my We are the Them blog.

Here is the resource the presenter is referring to
Digital storytelling in Language Arts
http://www.digitalstoryteller.org/docs/languagearts.htm


So it's an educational resource..the part I am interested in is the 7 elements of a digital story. Language is very academic...but concepts are helpful.

As I am listening to this session...I am realizing that we need to collect and share our lessons learned...we have already learned things that would be helpful to others. Three examples:
- Stories create power and vulnerability
-How you ask for a story matters
-Don't expect a story to be ready to use after the first telling ( there is a reason we have editers)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.