Friday, March 30, 2012
Chef in the Classroom- East High School
This is a project I helped get started, volunteered at, and have a deep love for. The video is long, but if you have time to watch it I think you will be amazed! I love watching these kids grow as they learn to cook food from scratch using local ingredients. Their initial reaction to cutting up a raw chicken is filled with "eeww, gross!" and "I will never be touching that," then as the cooking process goes on, they say "wow, that was really easy, and it tastes great!" I loved working with these kids and am so proud of REAP and Mermaid cafe for making this grant funded project happen. Chef in the Classroom- Mermaid Cafe chef David McKercher
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.