Thursday, January 19, 2012

Creative Narrations Workshop


Ryan of CN, Brian and Theresa of GLITC

I was lucky enough to participate in last week's Creative Narrations (CN) digital story "train the trainer" workshop. My goal was to create a digital story, and be able to assist with a similar training in the future. It was loads of fun, and I'm now addicted to video editing (at least digital story editing).


Sara, Jordan and Julie of DHS, Shirley


There were nine people who completed stories, including me and Sarah Moen from WCH, plus two from DHS and five from GLITC.


Sarah M.

Along with CN trainers Jen and Ryan, Alan and Sara S. assisted all of us with perfecting our scripts and creating the digital files. Julie, Suzanne and Caitlin observed the beginning session, then the end product.


Sara and Alan

I'm not sure what Creative Narrations will do with the stories--I expect to hear from them in that regard, similar to the way we preview or "launch" stories on PreventionSpeaks with the communities who told them.

In any case, I put my story, The Reluctant Cook, on YouTube, if you'd like to watch it (search for reluctant-cook2 if the link fails).


LaShanda and Brian of GLITC

6 comments:

  1. Dear Shirley-the-foodie, WELL DONE!! I could use some chicken soup right now!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great story! I agree, it's hard to close that gap between what we know we should do and what is easiest. Macaroni has overruled chicken and vegetables more often that I would like after hectic days. I'm trying to do better, and your video is a great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shirley, I just wanted to tell you once again that I really enjoyed your story! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.