Thursday, September 1, 2011

What rules are we making?

"We live at a time when we have a rare opportunity to make up the rules, because they haven’t been invented yet. To set the standards and the norms and the honorable way of doing things. And this, I believe, is our responsibility as publishers and curators and consumers of information. Again, it comes down to choice: The normative models we choose today will shape how much our culture will value this form of creative labor tomorrow."

From: Networked Knowledge and Combinatorial Creativity

This article made me think about our role as content creators and curators...and how we are inspired and inspire others.

2 comments:

  1. Loved this article. I feel 100% combinational and would proudly wear a 'REMIXER' name tag. Especially loved the use of the visuals and quotes - @Julie, you should add one to this post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came out of that article with a slap-happy grin on my face and new names for what I want to be: an information curator, a curiosity sherpa. Thanks Julie. I love that Popova made this blog post from her Creative Mornings presentation - cool to think about why the content translates from presentation to blog; it must be the tone, and the seamlessly integrated visuals & links.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.