Friday, September 30, 2011

Active School Sites Chosen!

In collaboration with Steve Elliot (Health First Wisconsin) and Emily Reynolds (Comprehensive Cancer Control), Kyle and I have selected five active schools projects that will be given additional support/resources! The support/resources will be used to enhance their effort and establish strong active school policies.  

They are:
  • Polk (Osceola)
  • Elcho
  • Portage
  • Dane (Deerfield)
  • Platteville
  • Beloit




If you're a quick counter, you probably noticed six projects were listed.  This is because Elcho said they would have no problem adding to their school wellness policy or getting it passed; they just needed to write it.  So we will be providing limited support for them, most likely in the form of example model policies. 

We're really impressed with the progress these sites have made so far, and we're excited to help them move to the next level.  It is going to be an awesome experience because of the diversity of challenges at each site.  Some sites just need assistance working what they're already doing into a policy, while others still need to meet with the school board and gain support.

Over the next month we will be meeting with the project coordinators and developing work plans.  Do you guys have a certain format or way you like to do work plans?  I'm looking for tips! 

___________________________

Maybe I should have made this another post, but I wanted to thank everyone for all the assistance you have given me over the past month!  Here is a short list of some awesome things I learned: 
  • How to create and utilize Google Docs
  • What a comprehensive school wellness policy looks like
  • Challenges associated with passing a school wellness policy
  • How to plan and storyboard an idea into a promotional video
    • How to get from here to capitol square in <12 minutes
    • How to speedwalk backwards for cinematic effect
  • How to write a blog post (how'd I do?)

2 comments:

  1. Great Blog Post Christy!!! You did well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice first blog post, Christy! I especially liked that you implemented some of the blogging best practices -- included a photo, a question to engage the reader, a "meta" list of what you've learned so far. I'm inspired by how you've jumped right into learning with us head first! Keep it comin'...

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.