Tuesday, September 27, 2011

CTG Spokespeople


We need you to be a spokesperson for the Wisconsin Clearinghouse! While Julie is the media spokesperson, all of us interface with partners who will be asking about this big news... so let's be prepared.

Here is the CTG message map we talked about today. Start with the top three points and deepen to sub-points where it's helpful. Please add your own stories, metaphors, and examples - this is only meant to be a guide and a crutch. If you find yourself in a tough spot, wander back to one of the top three and you'll be back "home".

If partners have specific questions...
  • There will be a meeting for partners funded through CTG.
  • More information on the community RFPs will be released in a few months.
  • Otherwise, take the question down and refer it to Carrie, Julie, or I.

For your reference, here's the full proposal. The 1-2 sentence job descriptions of each position I rambled through earlier today are in the Budget Narrative.

4 comments:

  1. Kyle, thanks for the follow-up on this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kyle did a one on one coaching session for me. After I read the message map he asked me questions ( Kyle..wish I could remember them)
    He had me answer the questions and then pointed out what he thought was strong and on message. When I stumbled he modeled some potential answers.

    This is the first time I have been a media spokesperson...and I was nervous. Thanks for the support Kyle! Practice just before I got the calls and having the message map with me at all times were the two most helpful things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reminds me of an African Proverb:

    If you want to go fast, go alone
    If you want to go far, go together

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Julie Thanks for modeling courageously learning a new skill, and sharing the experience with us. It's interesting to hear which pieces of the prep were most useful!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.