Some of you have asked me about it...We've talked about it for a long time...
We've wondered what to do about it!
So now it's time to ACT!
Look for the RECYCLE BATTERIES box in the workroom and use it! I've seen locations accepting batteries for recycling SOMEPLACE (Target? Walgreens? Walmart??) so I KNOW we can take them to be recycled. Up to now, nothing official being done at UHS. So, we'll do it ourselves and set the good example.
OK, not terribly exciting, but hey, I posted!
Thanks for taking the time to post Nancy.
ReplyDeleteI've been wanting UHS to recycle batteries for years! I did some research, and I found a few places in Madison that (may?) recycle them.
ReplyDeleteBatteries Plus
3721 East Washington Ave Madison, WI 53704
Phone. 608 242 9773
Cingular Wireless
3314 University Dr Madison, Wisconsin 53705
Phone. 608 218 9701
Checker Auto Parts
3451 East Washington Ave Madison, WI 53704
Phone. 608 240 2276
Source: http://battery-recycle.com/wisconsin/madison-wi
Hey CHRIS!!! I know there is someplace (a store somewhere) that just had a box where you could drop your batteries for recycling. And it wasn't an obvious place! Since we only have 4 little batteries in the box so far (and it will probably hold 400), we SHOULD have time to find lots of places. And you've given us a huge starting place! YAHOOOOOOO!!!!
ReplyDelete