Today Mary and I held our first meeting of the Transformation Leadership Team. We had some modest partnership successes, and it's just something that is good to check off the list. (whew) I'm surprised by how much people are already coming to the table asking how to leveraging their own resources, which is nothing to be taken for granted.
Special thanks to Natalie and the Administration Team for your support, Carrie for lugging all the equipment, and Sara for taking photos to document our baseline.
I wonder if a more grounded approach would be to put more emphasis on community? Just a thought. Is the WI idea represented conceptually and in the design?
ReplyDeletes
Suz, I see tremendous opportunity to put the WI Idea into practice with the 10 coalitions that will be funded to move local & state policy change. I love that you're emphasizing community and know that will make the work stronger & more meaningful.
ReplyDeleteDid you know UW-Madison named 2011-2012's the year of the WI Idea, and asked faculty, staff & students to share their stories of how they're putting the WI Idea into practice? (Ahem!) http://wisconsinidea.wisc.edu/yowi/
Kyle, you keep upping the ante in public health for clear presentations and thoughtful design. You and Mary did a killer job conceptualizing these pieces.
@Sara just read this, you're TOO kind!
ReplyDelete