I'm not in love with that toolkit. For me, it's way heavy on long blocks of text (not a single visual, c'mon!) and light on actual tools (one pagers, videos, ppts, photos, applications, examples).
Here are some more examples of toolkits (I can't seem to find a "perfect" one that has it all):
That's in part what I like about the toolkit. Mostly, heavy visuals overwhelm me and this one makes it really easy for me to navigate -- I don't have to spend a lot of time navigating through overwhelming materials, I don't even have to leave the page.
I guess it just underscores how important it is that we know what our audience likes and will use, and we are not designing for ourselves!
I'm not in love with that toolkit. For me, it's way heavy on long blocks of text (not a single visual, c'mon!) and light on actual tools (one pagers, videos, ppts, photos, applications, examples).
ReplyDeleteHere are some more examples of toolkits (I can't seem to find a "perfect" one that has it all):
http://bit.ly/TAInspirations
Kyle, thanks for gathering all these toolkit examples.
ReplyDeleteThat's in part what I like about the toolkit. Mostly, heavy visuals overwhelm me and this one makes it really easy for me to navigate -- I don't have to spend a lot of time navigating through overwhelming materials, I don't even have to leave the page.
ReplyDeleteI guess it just underscores how important it is that we know what our audience likes and will use, and we are not designing for ourselves!