Friday, June 3, 2011

Another Film for change site

Active Voice - We’re communications strategists who harness the power of film, television and multimedia to spark social change.
Here’s how
.

And Another toolkit...(RWJ funded, no less)



What I like:
The possibilities: I think it's about time we effectively re-framed "public health" and prevention, and film is such a great medium to do it. Could film/multimedia for health policy be something we spearhead?
Film --especially short film..may be a great organizing tool. Can we experiment with some prevention speaks stories/screenings?

What I don't like
Love this site -- but they are all over the place and high end film/filmakers. Great for them.
Our niche -- locally generated film, local stories, real people real stories in your community?

Films for organizing?
Local film disseminated (e.g. social media) and we work with local coalitions to host a follow-up event featuring the people/issue in the film? We could feature pointed stories that frame policy needs (e.g. prevention funding).

Just brainstorming....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.