Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Roadmaps... to Storytelling?

I'm sure you all saw that the new County Health Rankings came out, and saw that they've beefed up their support for communities... including integrating more storytelling.

What do you think of their use of story?
When I created a roadmap and chose that I wanted to tell my community's story, I received a link to the form and a testimonial from Washington County, WI and San Bernadino, CA.

3 comments:

  1. Wild - I was just perusing this site and thinking it should be a post on loop me in!

    Also interesting fact RWJF tweeted that excessive drinking rates are highest in the northern states

    Overall I'm a fan of 'roadmaps' - it pleasantly reminds me of the quote 'health and happiness is not a destination, its your life journey' - which to me is a story that inspires action versus a situation.

    Thank you Kyle! Did you have thoughts or concerns about the use of storytelling here? How broad is their audience?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Caitlin I really like that stories are included and I, too, like the Roadmap concept. I'm wondering how they'll use the written stories in their bank, and the quality they'll get without much prompting.., hope they'll share their lessons learned.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can share what I heard from their experience collecting stories before...when they collect via on line form they have to follow up with a phone interview in order to craft a story that they post. They have an intern who does the follow up interviews.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.