Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Three Take Aways from Five Days

In the spirit of less is more, I am challenging myself to share three take aways from the 5 day Journey of Facilitation and Collaboration Training. What three things am I most likely to use? 1. The Integral Facilitation Framework-it may sound ( and look) overly academic...but I found it helpful to have a four quadrant model to refer to ( check out the image)
Some ways I will try using this model- when doing an intake for a project, when designing a meeting, and when diagnosing conflict within a group. If you want a more in depth description, check out Integral Facilitation 2. Process Tools Summary- This is a one page summary of tools you can use to: brainstorm, grouping, and rating. I will use this when planning meetings, presentations and trainings. If there is interest..maybe this could be a lunch and learn topic. 3. Diamond Model of Decision Making
From the Facilitator's Guide to Participatory Decision Making (We have this book) This image helped me to understand why participatory decision making frustrates people (including me) and where it gets stuck. The challenge is to help groups through the process to a decision. The training also provided a one page summary of Decision Making Methods. If there is interest ..participatory decision making would make another great lunch and learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.